Tuesday, June 25, 2013

8 Weeks Left of Pre-Op

VixStats
Mar 26 - 279 lbs
Jun 6    - 255 lbs

Jun 25  - 256 lbs

          ~ <>< ~ <>< Aloha everyone ><> ~ ><> ~

Yes, you read that right, up one pound. Well, technically, according to the doctor visit this morning I have lost 0.4lbs since my last visit. So we will stick with that analysis vs having gained 1 pound. 

When talking to Dr. Ray, mixed in with other things, he had mentioned that there was 8 weeks left until surgery. When you say it like that, it sounds really soon.  I must say, my heart skipped a beat. I felt a burst of excitement and fear. It won't be exactly 8 weeks from now but it is getting closer. 

Fear? Naturally, fear of surgery and problems that may come from someone poking around in my guts. But you know what fear I really felt? Life change! Am I actually saddened that I will not be able to eat Carne Asada Fries? Or drink an ice cold can of Mountain Dew? This life change is such a huge commitment. What if 2 years down the road I fail and crave all of these fatty nasties? Do I really have to pay full price for Champagne Sunday Brunch even though I will be eating less than 8oz of food at one setting?

The more the notion settles in that I will not be having my favorite foods and drinks for quite some time, if ever again, and then only in moderation, the more room I have for excitement. I am very much excited to finally have the help I need to break through this fat wall I have called a body since the age of 16. Oooooh the day when I do not have walk by the regular women's clothing section and roll my eyes at the 'skinny people clothes'. 

So for the next month I would like to lose 5-6lbs. Here's to warm SoCal summer fun at the pool and beach. Maybe I will simply sweat off those lbs. Someone turn on the AC please. 

Peace and Carrots,

<3 VixRevision





8 comments:

  1. Good job Mami,proud of you love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I finally got it after having to reset my password because I am never on here....anyway, I am very proud of you, too. I don't really know you other than occasionally playing FB games, but I think this is very brave and you must find it scary and invigorating all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn. We have been FB friends for a few years now. Originally to only play mafia wars. I appreciate the 'likes' and encouragement beyond fb games.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on already losing that much weight on your own, that's so wonderful, a big accomplishment. I just talked with a patient yesterday (I'm a dental hygienist, haha) and she was telling me about her weight loss journey. She had gastric bypass six years ago and has since lost 161 pounds!!! She was so inspiring and had shared similar "fears" that you had mentioned--- particularly, she said she just gave up soda completely because of the carbonation it filled up her little belly. It takes a lot of strength to speak so openly about something so personal, you are very brave! Good luck in the upcoming weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. I hope to find out that people have similar fears. 161 lbs? Wow, good for her. That is indeed inspiring. Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  4. So proud of you lady!! We will be here anytime you need us especially when things get tough. Your beauty is beyond measure and I am so blessed to have you in my life!! Xoxoxo Erica :)

    ReplyDelete