Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4 Weeks Left of Pre-Op

VixStats
03/14/13  -  279.2 Highest Weight Ever
03/26/13  -  277.7  Lost  1.5 lbs
04/23/13  -  268.5  Lost  9.2 lbs
05/21/13  -  256.7  Lost 11.8 lbs
06/25/13  -  256.3  Lost     .4 lbs
07/23/13  -  256.2  Lost     .1 lbs
        Total So Far  Lost 23.0 lbs

<>< ~ <>< Aloha everyone ><> ~ ><>

Met with Dr. Plodkowski today. Haven't been successful at much weight loss for the past couple of months, but he seems to be happy with the changes I have made. I have also scheduled an appointment with my surgeon, Dr. Takata to shake hands and talk about surgery specifics. It's all happening for reals. Yaaaayyyy! Wish it was happening a tad bit faster. Dog days of summer combined with anticipating surgery? It feels like it's taking years to happen.  

As part of my insurance requirements, I had to meet with a psych to 'clear' me emotionally stable to have the surgery. Well, by no means am I emotionally stable. HA! But she is on board and put down in her little notes that she recommends I continue with the surgery. 



I started a video blog. Here's a little tidbit about me, I am not a fan of pictures of myself, let alone video. I posted my first video on YouTube for the world to see on July 11. It's just insane how my core shrieks at my own voice and image. I am determined to keep vlogging though. Even if nobody watches, I plan to force myself to view the images and listen to myself as yet another tool in my weight loss journey. So yea, check out the video and subscribe to my channel vixrevision and encourage away please. 

Why is protein so nasty? We have cars that drive for us and F-35s but can't put protein in an easy to swallow capsule? The last protein powder I tried tasted like a Cherry Pepto Bismol frappe with a hint of wax and kiwi. The after taste was much better, like a piece of chalk coated with #2 pencil lead. Mmmmmmmm, not a fan! For all of you wondering, it was Strawberry Kiwi Nectar by Syntrax. I bought the sample pack with 11 different flavors. I hope hope hope at least 1 of the 11 play nicely with my tasty buds. If yer interested, check out  http://www.bjsbariatrics.com. It was cheap, I was able to use Paypal, and super quick delivery. 

Does anyone pre-op ever ponder on what they might look like a year down the road? I find myself searching for pics and vids of ladies who have similar features as I do just so I can catch a glimpse of what may come. I have been a big girl as long as I can remember so it really is a mystery as to what I might look like. So here's this craziness...


Senior Year 97-98
This is my high school senior pic. I would say this was taken fall of 1997. My stats then at 17 years old was 5'6", 190ish, and minus 2 kids. So this is what I have to base my ponderings on. Although being 190ish would be dreamy for me in todays day, I do remember still feeling fugly at this size. Still didn't wear bathing suits in public, still couldn't shop in the misses section, still was made fun of by the popular brats. So what in the heck is going to happen at 160lbs? It really is exciting to imagine what may come. Analyzing and imagining has been a motivation for me. What will be after VixRevision? And can it please happen sooner rather than later????




Social eating worries:  I have heard some VSG'rs express concern that they worry about what will happen when they are at social gatherings and cannot partake in foods and beverages like dinner partiesN'Wine or BBQsN'Beer. Turns out they still enjoy these gatherings and even more so since they are not attached to the foods and can spend more quality time being social. Looking at my lifestyle, I'm realizing that any socializing I do is surrounded around food as well. But I'm thinking it's because I lack those skills.  If I am chewing food I don't have to smile or tell stories or be social. I can just chew and listen to other people without seeming rude. My excuse being, I'm eating. What excuse will I use when I'm not eating? I don't want to be anti-social! But other than eating and listening, I don't have the skills. I'm gonna need help with that. 

In 33 years I have managed to stir up quite a mess of myself. Coming to all of these realizations of my quirks and crevices can be interesting at times but mostly send me on an emotional roller coaster. Sigh..... just trying to figure things out and fix things one step at a time. 


Peace and Carrots,

<3 VixRevision


No comments:

Post a Comment