Thursday, June 6, 2013

3-4 Months till Gastric Sleeve Surgery 2013

The first post of my weight loss journey. 

Thank you to everyone that continues to post their journey as it has inspired and motivated me to keep moving forward. 

VixStats
Mar 26 - 279 lbs
Jun 6    - 255 lbs

Introduction

~ <>< ~ <>< Aloha everyone ><> ~ ><> ~

My name is Victoria and I'd like to share my weight loss journey with you. I decided to venture into the Bariatric Surgery world in March 2013. I first met with Dr. Ray Plodkowski @ Scripps Clinic on Mar 26. I have Blue Shield insurance so I am going through the 6 month weight management they require. It has been a lot easier than expected. I am not required to lose a certain amount of weight, just have to show that I am attempting to make permanent lifestyle changes. I have mostly followed my doctor's meal plan, but not completely. It's been a battle that's for sure. By the time I feel like giving up on healthy eating and exercise, it will be time for surgery. So it has absolutely been a great motivator and the monthly weigh-ins keep me on track. 


I have already met with Dr. Ray 3 out of the required 6 times. Since March I have lost 24lbs on my own. I actually have to slow down a bit because my insurance will not approve the surgery if I get below 40 BMI. My 6th required visit will be this August. A couple of weeks for the paperwork to go here and there and I will be scheduling a surgery date. After much research and a seminar I have chosen to have the Gastric Sleeve. I am so excited! I am not nervous about surgery at all, in fact, it can't come soon enough. I am, however, nervous about failing even after surgery. But I will dive a bit more into the pre-surgery emotional stuff later. 


This is me at my biggest. Nearly 280 lbs. I have always been a big girl, but after giving birth to my twins in November 2011 my post partum took over, eat, sleep, and change diapers is all I did!

I cannot stand pictures of myself and I find it very difficult to open up to people, comes with the territory I suppose. But I promise to be real and spill the beans as much as I can stand. 






And a more recent full body pic of me having lost about 20 lbs. 






So bye for now. I will post again soon. My next appt with Dr. Ray is 25 Jun. As long as I am below my last weigh in, 256 lbs, I will be good to go. 

<3 VixRevision










No comments:

Post a Comment